I got the idea from this cake.
First I drew a pattern for the cake by tracing my cake pan then drawing a dragon shape.
Then I made a cake and frosting. I made Wilton’s lemon frosting and a strawberry cake mix.
Next I used the pattern to cut the cake.
Shaped it a little bit. 🙂
This is how I cut the legs and head.
After gluing the limbs and head on with icing it started to take shape! 😉
And a crumb coat. It looks like a Luck dragon. 😀
The next day I frosted it.
And cut out the “scales” from fondant. It only took half a batch of marshmallow fondant. 🙂
The wings, eyes, and red scales used less then a small batch. And I hardly used any white. 😀